Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587
Full Time Fixed Term (until 31/12/2023)
Closing Date: Monday 20 June 2022
About the Role
The Student Experience Business Analyst is responsible for contributing to the successful delivery of the ‘Modernising Student Experience’ project. This is a strategic transformation project that seeks to develop our approach to the delivery of services for students, enhancing their overall experience at university.
What you’ll do
- Study operational situations and challenges, conduct root cause analysis and contribute to the development of solutions.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and discussions with stakeholders, summarising and sharing findings effectively and making recommendations.
- Document ‘as is’ ways of working through process mapping; identifying what is done, as well as how, where and why, then clearly identify requirements and business benefits.
- Develop innovative and future-proof approaches to the delivery of services for students, identifying operational efficiencies and considering business needs.
- Support system development work by contributing to user requirements and functional specifications and any other design documentation needed and verify that design meets requirements.
- Develop your own skills and knowledge and share best practice within the project team and other relevant areas of the University.
What you’ll bring
- Proven ability to gather and review required information, develop suitable processes and review business and technical solutions.
- Proven ability to produce business process documentation and lead process mapping activity.
- Experience of planning and facilitating workshops and review meetings with project stakeholders, including technical and business users/customers.
- Excellent business analysis knowledge and skills and the ability to plan and manage your own workload.
- Skill level (including experience and other qualifications) equivalent to the achievement of a HND, degree, NVQ4 or professional qualification in Business Analysis, Business Management, or a similar discipline.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Jessica Gow ( [email protected] )
About the University
The University of Southampton is a research-driven institution, home to some of the world’s leading minds, expanding our knowledge and passing it on to future generations. We aim to create an environment where everyone can thrive and are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We believe that we can only truly meet our objectives if we are reflective of society, so we are passionate about creating a working environment in which you are free to bring your whole self to work.
The University Change Portfolio Office is responsible for supporting the delivery of the University’s strategy through our portfolio of Strategic Major Projects and Programmes. We would love you to help us achieve the remarkable and build an inclusive world.
The University of Southampton promotes a healthy work life balance with a generous holiday allowance (30+ days), defined benefit pension, flexible working, generous parental leave and childcare provision. For more information on our benefits, please visit our human resources pages.iii
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Sam Stubbs (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 2380 592750 or email [email protected] Please quote reference 1845422EW on all correspondence.